Hey friends! Today's post is a little bit different, but should be fun! I am super excited and humbled to announce that I have been nominated by Annie Spano, founder of Style Collective, for The Fearless Award. (Thank you so much, Annie!) If you remember from this post, I shared a little bit about what Style Collective is, but in a nut shell it is a platform for female influencers to connect, grow, and learn how to be successful bloggers and entrepreneurs.
So, today I am going to answer a few questions, spill some fun facts about myself and nominate a few fellow SC sisters for the Fearless Award! Let's get this party started.
Fearless Award Questions:
Who are you?!
My name is Alyssa Walls and I am the fashion blogger behind Teddy Bears and Lipstick (obvi!) I am a stay at home mom of three that has a passion for writing, helping other women find their style, and fashion! I had the crazy idea to put the three together and that is how TBL was founded. My kiddos are my life and I am happily married to the man of my dreams!
What is your blog/instagram all about?
Teddy Bears and Lipstick is all about sharing fashion inspiration, style tips, and encouraging moms to care for themselves as well as their families. Here you will mostly find fashion tips and ways to style certain pieces, as well as the occasional recipes, party/decor inspiration, DIYs, and honest mom life.
What do you LOVE about blogging/instagramming?
What I love most about this blogging adventure is the community of amazing women I have had the privilege of meeting/talking to. There are so many inspiring, fearless #bossbabes out there and I'm so excited to be a part of that community. I love that I get to do what I am passionate about every single day. Though don't get me wrong, it is hard and it's a lot of work, but it is so worth it to me.
What do you not love most about blogging/instagramming?
Hmm for me I would say the stigma of perfection. I truly believe in being authentic and real with my readers and followers. I never want to come off as having this perfect, easy life. It's not. And I want to make sure that is clear. If you missed it, I wrote a post on this exact topic! You can find it here.
What are your goals (big & small!) for your blog/instagram?
My biggest goal is to be an inspiration and light to anyone who comes across my blog or Instagram. To shine the hope of Jesus, He is my foundation. To inspire women to be themselves, because they are beautiful, to care for themselves, to find their passions and their voice, to have no fear of being different.
I desire this blog to be a second income for my family, to lift some of the burden off of my husband's shoulders. To attend NYFW. To write for style magazines. To meet and work with some of my blogger idols!
If you could be better at one thing, what would it be?
I would love to be better at many things! I'd love to continue to learn about design and coding for my site. I would love to be better at saying no, whether it is because I have enough on my plate or because I feel a brand is not giving me a fair deal, I would love to be able to say no with confidence!
Who are your biggest supporters? How/why?
My first and foremost supporter is my husband, Caleb. He has always believed in me, encouraged me, and pushed me. He celebrates my successes with me and encourages me in my discouragement. He is the reason I've made it this far. My mom is also one of my biggest fans; always sharing my content, asking how I am doing, and making sure I know she is proud of me. (She has a blog of her own, I get my gift of writing from her!!!, you can check it out here)
What do you wish there was more of in your life?
Honestly, I feel very blessed and fulfilled with the life I lead. Not to say it is perfect or easy, but I know my hope comes from God and because of Him I am content in where I am at. One thing I and my husband would enjoy, is more financial room. I am hoping this blog continues to grow so that we can have a little more breathing room with our finances, give more, and make some fun memories with our kiddos.
Fearless Award Secret Facts:
1. I spent my 19th birthday in Nepal. I was on outreach with YWAM (youth with a mission) after living in Germany for 5 months. I spent a month in India and a month in Nepal. The hardest and most rewarding time of my life.
2. Music is literally my jam. Songs speak to me in a way that words don't. (Which is crazy because I am a writer at heart!) If I am discouraged, I turn on music. If I am happy and want to celebrate, I turn on music. if I need to focus and work, I turn on music. (yes, I have music blaring right now) My kids and I have dance parties in our house. I play piano on the worship team for my church. I met my husband, who was the worship leader at the time, by trying out for the team.
3. This may be cliche, but from the time I was a little girl I knew I wanted to be a mom. I grew up in a family of 6 kids and it was SO fun! (no, I am not going to have 6 kids, 3 is plenty!) I spent most of my teen years and early twenties babysitting and nannying. I actually just got back into nannying and watch the sweetest 7 month girl that my kids absolutely adore!
4. I never went to college. After turning 18 I went out to Germany and took a writer's course with YWAM. When I returned I met my husband, fell in love and the rest is history. Though I had dreams of going for journalism, fashion, or cosmetology, I never did make it happen! (yet..)
5. I am a sucker for Oreo milkshakes, concretes, whatever! I don't know what it is about Oreos + Ice cream that is so delicious but I just can't say no to them!
6. I am only supposed to do 5 but had to add this in there. (Just so my husband could maybe understand??) My love language is shoes. That's it.
Delayne - she has quickly become a sweet friend! Her style is always on point and her heart is kind!
Amanda - A fellow mama who loves fashion, her blog is always an interesting read!
Victoria - I haven't actually met her but am dyyying to! She is hilarious, down to earth, and her fashion is fabulous
Nicole - Another fellow mama! She is a super sweet and I always enjoy talking to her!
Raeanne - A #bossbabe and inspiration, she lives with confidence and positivity
What To Do Next:
Compose the post on your blog (or Instagram? Could be kind of fun?!) and THANK the person who nominated you! Be sure to link to their blog/Instagram!
Answer the Fearless Award questions (the questions that I answered above). List out 5 secret facts about yourself/blog/brand. Have fun with this!
Nominate at least 5 #bossbabes who you think align with the Style Collective mantra of women championing women! List them and link to their blogs/Instagram. Include a sentence or two on why you love their blog/Instagram!
Inform the nominees that you’ve elected them for the Fearless Award! They should post their answers and award rules on their blog/Instagram